Nashville History

Read my other blog - Nashville History

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Robert Davis Oeser April 28, 1919 -June 16, 1999

I think I may have dreamed about my Uncle Robert and my Daddy last night, because I woke up thinking about them. I sure miss both of them. Robert would turn 99 this year and Daddy 101.

Robert and I were phone buddies. We talked often and had long conversations. We laughed and we argued and we shared a lot of good stories. Robert was born before Daddy turned two and they were close all of their lives. All ten of the siblings were close but the two oldest brothers had a special bond. Two little growing up together with three little sisters. It was not until 1928 that another boy was born it the family.


Robert Oeser and Ernest Oeser.


Robert Davis Oeser was a self admitted Mama's boy. He spent time with his grandmother learning to crochet when the others were out playing. He was a good student and the only of one of the ten children to have graduated from high school. He was in the East Nashville High School class of 1939. He was a veteran of World War II, serving in the U. S. Army in Italy and Africa.


Robert Oeser and his little brother Ronnie Oeser.


Robert got married in 1951 to a beautiful young woman named Millie Marshall. He was a hard worker and enjoyed working outdoors. Robert built a beautiful home, from the ground up, for his family in the new Bellshire subdivision in the 1950's. He and Millie were parents to two daughters, Janice and Cheryl. He loved his family, and doted on his grandchildren.

He was a smart man, a proud man, stubborn and opinionated. I loved him and I miss him.


Papa Oeser, and nine of his ten children. Front Row, Robert, Papa and Ernest. Middle, Peanut, Ruth, Margaret and Corky. Back,  Jimmy, Orville and Ronnie. Dorothy is the child that was not present.

No comments:

Post a Comment